The One Button Studio is a video recording studio where an individual can reserve time and create high-quality video recordings by simply bringing a USB flash drive and pressing a button to start/stop recording. The studio does not require users to have prior video, audio, or lighting knowledge as all of those components have been automated and pre-set for ease-of-use.
The One Button Studio with Lightboard also utilizes the One Button Studio video recording technology but, in addition, includes a Lightboard. The Lightboard is a glass "chalkboard" pumped full of light. It allows you to face your viewers while teaching or presenting written content. The writing glows in front of you.
Currently, you can find the One Button Studio and One Button Studio with Lightboard in the EWFM Library, in Room 522A of the south wing.
The studio can be used in a number of way for many reasons:
- Creating videos for online instruction or to supplement classroom instruction
- Rehearsing for presentations, speeches, or thesis and dissertation defenses
- Creating videos for training or professional development
- Creating ePortfolio materials
- Practicing your public speaking skills or for ESL study
- Using the green screen to create videos with professional visuals
- Recording interviews or podcast